Saturday, February 23, 2013

A hand sewn dove using gussets for the first time

Over the past 2 years I have tried various methods of making stuffed animals for my Etsy shop PoofyDove. However, I have a bad habit of creating them from my mind without a pattern...which is very freeing and fun but also fairly silly because it really becomes a struggle if I want to recreate it! 

But I have finally found an AWESOME site that goes in depth about how to design and create complex stuffed animals. If you are having trouble understanding how to make plush critters I would highly recommend checking out her website.


I am really excited to share this little dove with you. He is my first attempt at creating my own pattern and making a stuffed animal with gussets and i am pretty happy with how it turned out. He is made out of about 12 separate pieces of felt and is hand sewn using thread and embroidery floss for the details. 




 Hope you enjoy him!
He is for sale on my Etsy shop
http://www.etsy.com/shop/poofydove


1 comment: